Health and Safety
Understanding the legal requirements for the management of Health and Safety and Environment in the workplace is essential for all those managing a commercial property which accommodates employees or third party visitors.
The health and safety legal requirements and mandatory compliance necessities all contribute to ensuring a safe working environment for all staff and third parties utilising a commercial property. Each property manager has a duty of care to create this safe environment which may include consultations, risk assessments and policies.
B38 Group deliver a number of services to support commercial properties comply to Health and Safety and Environment in the workplace requirements as well as creating a comfortable and accessible environment for all building users.
Regulations affect a number of areas within a property including
- Health and Safety Audits/ Risk Assessments
- Water Treatment
- Asbestos Survey
- Part M Accessibility Audits
- Fire Safety and Life Systems Audits
- Building Condition and Mechanical & Electrical statutory maintenance requirements.
Health and Safety Facilities Management Services
B38 Group clients can utilise the related services, combined to form a Health and Safety Facilities Management package. With an overall aim of ensuring property compliance, risk mitigation and best practice across an entire commercial property.
Our Health and Safety Facilities Management team work towards ensuring each property or any size or market sector meets the needs of their Health and Safety requirements. Our up to date knowledge, skills and industry expertise within Health and Safety is invaluable to out clients. Not taking due care and attention can could costly and time consuming for any business and our clients recognise and rely on our proficiency in Health and Safety.
Property Compliance Solutions
Facilities management compliance experts have the knowledge and expertise in identifying and assessing the sources of risk, management of risks, prevention or control them and keep and maintain the correct records.
- Property Compliance – Periodic maintenance review and property compliance auditing. Provision of site-based compliance log and building maintenance file and life systems maintenance and testing.
- Gas, Plumbing and Heating Services – Boiler and heating system checks and service with annual gas certification and Gas tightness testing.
- Air Conditioning – System checks and general maintenance.
- Water Testing – Water hygiene & Legionella risk sssessment.
- Electrical Maintenance – Portable appliance testing and fixed electrical appliance testing.
- Fire Safety – Fire alarm and Smoke alarm maintenance, servicing and testing.
- Emergency Lighting – Maintenance and testing including annual drop test.
- Lightning Protection – Conductor inspection and testing.
- Grounds Maintenance – Gritting, salting and surface safety.
- Building Fabric – Asbestos risk assessment and drainage and sewerage pump maintenance.
- Other – Lifting equipment maintenance. Roof and height safety systems maintenance and cradle maintenance.